Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Drawing Anna Wintour

This is my third drawing in the series, Fashion Personalities Spring 2011. Yes, the name is certainly endlessly pretentious. Yet, somehow, it does not irk me to the point of changing it.

Anna Wintour in Prada Spring Summer 2011. I loved the print on the look (it consisted of bananas and monkeys) and the detail was amazing. It looked as if a Milanese art student had hand-painted a caricature of what he / she saw in a Zoological book. Which meant, this Milanese art student had made my task of adorning Ms. Wintour's body even more complicated.

I wasn't sure about the shoes, as I always see the same pair of Manolo's on the Wintours feet. The bag is also Prada and the sunglasses are her classic Chanel frames.

3 comments:

  1. The drawing was done by one with a creatibve hand. Indeed, unsure about the footwear bit, too, but why is she head to toe in 'Designer gear?' - Would have thought something Bespoke would be the order of the day. have a nice weekend!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Also re: head-to-toe look. Part of the idea I think is to imagine editors and fashion personalities in looks they would probably never wear. When is Anna Wintour ever going to wear monkeys and bananas? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art for the imagination indeed. Monkeys and bananas come bespoke too, but I admire your humour which is very refreshing. look forward to your next 'Celebrity' personality drawing;-)

    ReplyDelete