Monday, September 27, 2010

Drawing Tavi.


This is my most recent attempt to create a relatively life-like (can a drawing be life-like? I don't know) drawing of blogger Tavi Gevinson.

Well specifically, it was my attempt to manifest the genius of Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 collection on the genius of Tavi Gevinson.

Please ignore the fact that I cannot for the life of me, accurately draw a pattern from a runway photo. I am trying. Believe me. I am trying. Hopefully by the end of the season, I will have at least one accurately drawn pattern that will impress you all.
Please don't ignore the fact that I named the post Drawing Tavi. I felt it needed more than numbers. Did I feel right?

Also, please note that I could not decide on whether black-and-white or colour was a better execution of the idea. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Amazing likeness ! I think you did a great job capturing Tavi's attitude and Marc's gorgeous clothing in this illustration !

    You should send this to Tavi !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. You popped my comment cherry! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this and I think I like B&W more.

    ReplyDelete